Lenovo has officially launched two variants of K5 Note in India. The 3GB of RAM variant will cost Rs. 11,999 whereas the 4GB RAM variant will carry a price tag of Rs. 13,499. The Phone has a metallic body featuring 5.5-inch full-HD (1080×1920 pixels) IPS display.
The highlight of Lenovo K5 Note is the fingerprint scanner and the inbuilt Lenovo proprietary TheaterMax technology which is tipped to provide immersive media experience. With TheaterMax technology, you can view all contents (VR and non-VR) in VR mode. We will soon review TheaterMax technology and see the difference it bring to the table. Now thanks to Lenovo, there are several things you can control with the fingerprint scanner such as clicking a selfie, using it as a home key and so on.
The Lenovo K5 Note will run on the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow powered by 64-bit octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 (MT6755) processor at 1.8GHz coupled with Mali-T860 GPU. It has a 32GB of inbuilt storage which can also be expandable via external microSD card up to 128GB and it does support OTG.
The phone comes with a 13-megapixel rear camera with PDAF autofocus, a f/2.2 aperture, dual-tone LED flash and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera. It weighs around 165 grams and comes with a non-detachable 3500mAh battery.
The company also launched some launch day offers which includes a VR Bundle (TheaterMax Controller and Ant VR headset) costing Rs. 999, a Gaming Bundle (Amkette Gamepad Pro 2 + Ant VR headset) at Rs. 1,999 along with some exciting exchange offers.
Lenovo Vibe K5 Note
- Stunning full HD IPS display.
- Responsive fingerprint sensor.
- Inbuilt Lenovo proprietary TheaterMax technology.
- Capability to run two instances of the same app.
- Processor not the best in this price segment, a disappointment for the hardcore gamers.
- No fast charging feature.
- Hybrid dual SIM card slot – You can either use two SIM cards or single SIM card along with external microSD.